Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
About the Program
215 Depot Ct. SE
Leesburg, VA 20176
Ph: 703-777-0257 / TTY 711
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), one of the largest volunteer efforts in the nation, provides an opportunity for individuals ages 55 and older to utilize their skills, life experience and fulfill the desire to help their community.
A wide range of opportunities to volunteer in community-based services which addresses basic educational, public safety, environmental, and other human needs are available including senior centers
, healthcare facilities, museums, parks and nature preserves, as well as programs, such as Home-Delivered Meals
, Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program, and Volunteer Return Preparation Program.
2007 Volunteer Survey
When asked in a 2007 Volunteer Survey how their volunteer work affects them personally and impacts the quality of their life, several volunteer responded as follows:
- "It is the most gratifying work I have ever done. I get as much pleasure doing for people as they do appreciate what I do for them."
- "Volunteering always makes me appreciate my blessings."
- "It’s everything: the satisfaction of helping others; quality of the people I work with; friendships I make; and the feeling of being needed."
- "I have made new friends and have broadened my horizons."
- Limited Transportation Reimbursement
- Social and Recognition Events
- Volunteer Insurance Coverage