Youth Development / Outreach
Youth Development provides delinquency prevention and youth development services to Loudoun young people and their families. It is the only county agency charged with primary prevention as opposed to working with identified problem populations. Specific services include:
- Teen Volunteer Opportunity Guide, outlining opportunities throughout Loudoun for teens to volunteer and help in the community
- Assessments and long range planning for services to youth and families
- Research, database development, and grant writing to secure funding for direct service agencies
- Development of and participation in private / public collaborative efforts to fill gaps in services.
- Information and referral across department / service lines, publication of comprehensive resource guides to youth services and awareness of campaign materials.
- Community education efforts through community groups and schools such as theater productions aimed at AIDS, teen pregnancy prevention, and tobacco use prevention.
The Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services provides diverse and inclusive youth outreach services that offer diverse and inclusive programs, targeting antisocial behaviors, juvenile delinquency, school drop-out prevention, and the promotion of personal responsibility in youth through the cultivation of their self-esteem and self-image.
Youth outreach includes after-school programs in partnership with community organizations, mentoring programs, Loudoun County Public Schools, Loudoun County Juvenile Court Services, and intervention programs.
For more information, please contact us at 703-777-0343.