The Arcola Pleasant Valley Volunteer Fire Department was formed in 1957. A station was built and its first piece of fire equipment, a 1,250 gal. Tanker truck, was purchased through the Civil Defense for $75. In the 1960s, the first ambulance was put in service and the Ladies Auxiliary was formed. During Hurricane Agnes in the 1970s, 200 people were sheltered and fed at Station 9. The 1980s and '90s saw an addition built onto the station and a recruitment program was started to help prepare for future growth.
Arcola Pleasant Valley Fire and Rescue, Company 9
24300 Gum Springs Rd.
Sterling, VA 20166
Arcola Fire Department Website