Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project in Loudoun County
Dulles Rail Hot Topics
Documents Available for Review
Click on the image above to view the map of the adopted Metrorail Service District in in Loudoun.
View all related maps here.
- New Online Tool: Metrorail Service District Parcel Lookup - Enter your address or parcel identification number to determine if your property is in the Dulles Metrorail Service District.
- On December 11, 2012, the Board of Supervisors voted to withdraw a proposal to add an additional area to the Metrorail Service District. Chairman Scott York made the motion to withdraw the proposal, saying he is confident that the original proposed Metrorail Service Districts will generate the necessary revenue to support the extension of Metrorail to Loudoun County.
- The Board adopted the Metrorail Service Districts on December 5, 2012. The item prepared for the December 5 meeting is online.
- The Board heard public comment on the proposed districts at its October 17 public hearing. The packet is online:
- Loudoun County has joined with its funding partners to request credit assistance through the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program. The Letter of Interest sent to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is online.
- On September 5, 2012, the Board of Supervisors voted to proceed with a public hearing and public outreach on proposed Metrorail service districts to pay for the construction and the on-going operations and maintenance costs of the Metrorail extension to Dulles Airport and Loudoun County.
- Board of Supervisors votes 5-4 to proceed with funding participation in Phase 2 of the Dulles Rail project at its July 3, 2012 meeting.
- 06-06-12 MWAA clarifies position on parking facilities in letter from CEO Jack Potter to Board Chairman Scott York
- 06-06-12 MWAA votes in favor of resolution to eliminate Project Labor Agreement
In addition to documents on the website, hard copies of documents related to the Dulles Rail project are available for public review, by appointment, in the Loudoun County Office of Transportation Services, located on the 4th floor of the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E. in Leesburg. Anyone who would like to schedule an appointment to view the documents should call the Office of Transportation Services at 703-737-8624.