Advisory Plans Examiners Board
Meetings are held as needed.
There are six at-large members of the Advisory Plans Examiners Board (APEB) appointed by the board of supervisors:
- one citizen member
- one person employed by the county
- one person employed by the Virginia Department of Transportation, who shall serve as a non-voting advisory member
- three persons in private practice certified as licensed professional engineers or land surveyors
The staff contact for the APEB is Terry Wharton, the director of the Department of Building and Development. Ph: 703-777-0220.
Loudoun County has a separate processing procedure for the review of certain land development plans. The procedure is called the Plans Examiner and Plans Reviewer Specialist Program and its purpose is to expedite the county's review of staff approved plans. The Advisory Plans Examiners Board (APEB) makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on:
- The general operations of the program,
- The qualifications of plans examiners and plans review specialists who may participate in the expedited processing procedure,
- Initial and continuing education programs needed to qualify and maintain qualifications for such a program, and
- The administration and operations of such a program.
In addition, the APEB shall submit recommendations to the Board of Supervisors as to those persons who meet the established qualifications for participation in the program, and the APEB will submit recommendations to the Board of Supervisors as to whether those persons who have previously qualified to participate in the program shall be disqualified, suspended or otherwise disciplined for failure to continue to meet the qualifications.